Monday, January 24, 2011

Taco Soup & Garlic Cheese Biscuits



This is GREAT for these COLD winter days. My kids are not Huge fans of this soup..because lets face it they are so dang picky and anything new, they are usually not willing to even try. Maybe your kids will love it, if not I am sure you will!
Ingredients:
2 lbs ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 14.5 oz can whole kernel corn
2 16 oz cans of ranch style beans (I only used one can because I'm not a bean lover & it was fine)* Maybe not everywhere but I know here - you find cans at the grocery store of ranch style beans. If you don't have those - substitute pinto or black or whatever you like.
3 cans of diced tomato's (maybe substitute 1 can rotel if you like spicy and I LOVE Rotel!!)
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 pkg Hidden Valley dressing mix
Brown and drain meat. Saute onions for a few minutes. Combine all ingredients in a large pot. Add chili powder, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer 1-2 hours. I topped it with shredded cheese!

Garlic Cheese Biscuits
2 1/4 cups bisquick
2/3 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 tsp garlic salt

No comments:

Post a Comment