Monday, January 24, 2011

Slow Cooked Shredded Beef Tacos

Tonight we are trying something new...We love Mexican and usually can not go wrong with Tacos...I think Mason could live off Taco Bell. But this just sounds so much better then good ol Taco Bell. Nothing against TB..I mean cheap and easy always scores!!

SLOW COOKED SHREDDED BEEF TACOS

2lbs Beef Roast
1 C Frozen Chopped Onion (I HATE Onions so I leave this out)
1 T Chili Powder
1 T Dried Oregano
1 t Crushed garlic (I just threw in a tad of garlic salt)
The recipe calls for 4oz can diced greed chilies and 10oz can diced tomatoes. I used a small can of diced tomatoes and a normal size can of Rotel (because I LOVE Rotel)..and I love spicy!!

Throw in slow cooker on low for 8-10 hours. Shred meat with 2 forks.

Serve on flour tortillas with cheese, sour cream, & avocado (optional) with chips and salsa. I hope it turns out as good as it sounds!!

If you wanted to prepare ahead..you could just place all the ingredients in large zipper big and when ready to cook that day throw everything into the slow cooker.

I plan on my meals for the week on Friday or Saturday and base my grocery shopping on that list. It makes life so much easier. I shoot for things I can make up ahead of time to throw in a crock pot or oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment