Thursday, January 20, 2011

Homemade Bath Paints

My Kids are always asking for the finger paints to use in the Bath. So when I came across this, I thought it was worth posting. I am curious to see if it actually does NOT stain the tub.

Tear-free Baby Wash & Shampoo (buy the cheap stuff)
Cornstarch
Spoons and/or spatula
Small funnel
Containers (I used the same ones that my originals came in)
Mixing bowl
Smaller bowls for mixing in color
Measuring cups and spoons
Food Coloring (I did not like the Walmart brand, I still have it all over my hands)
In mixing bowl, combine 1/3 cup baby wash and 1 tablespoon cornstarch. Mix well. Add more cornstarch if you prefer a thicker consistency
Separate portions of the mixture into smaller containers. Add food coloring to each small bowl until you reach your desired color.
I used a funnel to put the paints into each container.
The kids loved them and don't worry it didn't stain their bodies or the bathtub! Let your kids paint away and then with a little spray of water, it is gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment