Friday, February 18, 2011

TACOS

I can not go wrong when it is Taco Night, my kids seem to LOVE tacos and actually NOT complain...which is not easy to come by when it comes to dinner.

BBQ Chicken Tacos!Here is the make ahead version-
2 plum tomatoes
3 C. shredded cooked chicken
1/3 C. barbecue sauce
Chop tomatoes into bite size pieces and add large storage container.
Add next 2 ingredients to tomatoes in large storage container.
(I like to seed my tomatoes so they are not so wet)
To serve-
10 taco size flour tortillas
Warm chicken in microwave until heated through.
Serve with shredded lettuce, sour cream, cheese and squeeze of lime (optional).

Serve with corn or Mexicorn, extra BBQ sauce and baked beans OR that new frozen corn/black bean/tomato blend I found in the freezer section.
Make several batches and freeze. You can freeze the chicken, tortillas, shredded cheese all separately for an easy weekend lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment