Friday, February 18, 2011

OREO MADNESS


I have been trying to make these for a week now. SO for almost a entire week I had to hide to bags of Oreos from my obsessed children and husband...every now and then I would catch them sneaking one. I finally took sometime this morning and made them. I do NOT want to even think how many calories these puppies have in them!!

Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
4 tsp vanilla
3 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 - 1 cup chocolate chips (you can add more, but I found 1 cup was almost too much)
about 24 Oreos
Cream together butter and sugar.
Add eggs, one at a time. Then vanilla.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda.
Combine butter mix and flour mix.
Add chocolate chips. Stuffing the cookies:

Take enough dough, to make about a 1 inch ball. Press flat. Lay Oreo on flat dough.
Again, take enough dough to make another 1 inch ball. Press flat. Lay on top of Oreo.
Pinch sides together.
The cookie shouldn't be any bigger than 2 & 1/2 inches. (If they are bigger, then your cookie will spread out during baking, and end up looking like a fried egg!)
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 12-14 minutes. Or until you see the bottom edges start to brown.
Makes about 24 cookies.Enjoy! But you will need a glass of milk. Trust me on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment