Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Im Back!!

Well we are all moved and I would say just about settled, the Garage needs some "major" TLC but it will get there with a little time!!

While surfing tonight I stumbled across this recipe and thought it was worth sharing. Plus I have a confession I cheated and baked box brownies today for my family....you could say I am not that settled yet to be baking from scratch or even semi scratch!!

SMOTHERED CHICKEN
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
6-8 slices of bacon, cooked & chopped
4 slices cheddar cheese
BBQ sauce {I used Rudy’s}
Montreal steak seasoning
Green onion
Honey mustard sauce {1 cup mayo, 1/2 cup dijon mustard, 1/4 cup honey}

Sprinkle chicken with montreal seasoning on both sides. We really LOVE spicy food, so we used the spicy montreal, but you can get it regular too :)

Transfer chicken to large skillet and cook on medium high heat for about 6-8 minutes on each side.

Meanwhile, cook bacon & chop. I totally cheated. Since I can’t cook bacon to save my life…and I really didn’t feel like trying…I bought the fully cooked kind and just microwaved it until it was crisp :) A little puny, but still dang good.

After cooking chicken on both sides, keep in skillet and spread a tablespoon of BBQ sauce on each breast & layer with bacon…

Now top with cheddar cheese.

Cover the skillet with a lid and cook on medium high head for an additional 10-15 minutes. When it’s ready, remove and top with green onions and serve with the YUMMY honey mustard sauce!

SO good!! And I’m not a big fan of eating chicken this way, so that says a lot! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment